Monday, March 1, 2010

Living Day to Day

Somehow we made it to Monday. The 4 intervening days were torture - punctuated by bleeding, clotting, crying. By me poking my boobs to see if they are sore, by wondering if I was feeling nauseous. To make matters worse, I woke up on Saturday feeling really sick - congested, unable to breathe, aching all over and still spotting/bleeding. Things got so bad that I nearly passed out in the shower on Sunday night and spent about 10 minutes dry-heaving - till my husband managed to pull me out of the shower.

On Monday morning, we went in with NO hope of anything positive. We were trying to convince ourselves that it was over. But to our joy (and amazement and fear), the ultrasound found a baby. And a tiny heartbeat - 121 beats per minute. The doctor said that they look (at this stage) for anything above 100. My cervix is closed too.

So, our next ultrasound is scheduled for Monday, March 8th (barring the unforeseen). I am on near or complete bedrest to slow the bleeding. We are nowhere close to being out of the woods yet - we are only 2 weeks into this pregnancy. The bleeding is still a concern and a problem. But we made it through another day. Only thousands of hours of this left to go...

2 comments:

  1. You are in my heart. Just rest, and LOVE that baby with all your heart. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, it is good news that the baby is still there. will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts as this little one continues to grow...

    ReplyDelete